When using the Outlook app for iOS (iPhone or iPad), you might find messages in the Junk Mail folder that you don’t want there. You can easily move the message from Junk Mail to your Inbox, but to prevent this from happening again, you can add the sender’s email address to your junk mail safe sender list. The “safe sender” list may also be known as a white list, safe list, or an allowed list. Unfortunately, you can’t directly add a sender’s email address to your safe sender from the app. To add to or modify your safe sender list, you’ll need to sign into your Outlook account on the web.
Note: This guide is for the Outlook web for business/corporate or school accounts. If you have a personal Outlook (Hotmail, Live, etc) account, see the guide for Outlook.com here.
Add an address to safe senders
- Sign in to your Outlook account on the web
- Select the Settings button at the top
- Select Mail under Your app settings
- Select Mail to expand that list
- Select Accounts to expand that list
- Under Accounts, select Block or allow
- Under Safe senders and recipients, enter an the sender’s email address or domain (e.g. [email protected]domain.com), and then select the add button (+).
- Select Save at the top
Did this guide work for you?
Let us know if this guide for Outlook for iOS worked for you by leaving a comment below. While we strive to keep our guides up-to-date and relevant, sometimes things change without notice. If you find something is different in your Outlook web account from this guide, let us know what you had to do differently. Thanks for your help and input!
There are many different versions of Outlook so if the above instructions didn’t work for you, check the guides below for different versions.